Octane Fitness Elliptical Reviews
Octane Fitness Ellipticals Reviews
It is often so hard to separate one home gym equipment manufacturer from another, as they all essentially are trying to do the same thing. However, Octane Fitness, which was founded by Tim Porth and Dennis Lee back in 2001, and the machines produced by the company, do stand out from the crowd.
Most specifically the fitness equipment giant stands out as being the only one to truly focus on designing cardio machines that cause zero-impact. This is more than just a novelty feature though and has been an integral part of their mission and goals since the beginning. As well as their commitment to zero-impact machines, they are also known for other cutting-edge features such as Converging Path and MultiGrip handlebars and SmartStride.
Over the years they have developed several different variations on the traditional elliptical. We’ve highlighted these below.
Of the Lateral line of elliptical machines released by Octane Fitness in recent years, the LateralX remains one of the most advanced, thanks to the flexible movement it offers. In addition to the traditional stair-step style motion associated with ellipticals, you can also perform a unique side-by-side motion that fully engages a variety of muscle groups in the upper and lower body. For a truly full-body workout experience, we’d recommend you try a high-end model like the LX8000.
It’s not just upright elliptical machines that Octane Fitness create, as they produced their very own patented xRide, a special recumbent elliptical machine designed to provide more realistic and comfortable workouts. These are made specifically with those who suffer from chronic back pain in mind. However, people that don’t suffer from back pain can also benefit and have a grueling glutes workout that can burn around 20% more calories every workout compared to other styles of elliptical.
There is nothing standard about the standard-looking standing elliptical trainers from the company. These include some interesting twists. For example, in an industry first, these machines feature full Body Mapping Ergonomics, that effectively memorizes your specific strength levels and exact movements to design the best workout program for you.
They also benefit from the inclusion of the SmartStride tech, which allows for customization of the stride stance and height. With commercial gyms still using them and these standing ellipticals winning many prestigious awards, there is no way anyone could really argue their position on the market as some of the best.
- Zero-Impact – we’ve already mentioned it but if you have any kind of injury that you are recovering from, Octane home gym tools are ideal.
- Ergonomics – Octane Fitness have always utilized ergonomic design features in their elliptical trainers, such as the adjustable stride height and length, rotating pedals and the variety of gripping options their special handlebars give.
- SmartLink – The SmartLink feature allows you to link your machine with your smartphone or tablet so that you can monitor and analyze your progress.
- Innovative and exciting designs – Octane Fitness machines do tend to stand out from the rest of the market. The design team are always looking to push the button and incorporate a little ingenuity and innovation.
- Customizable – If you are looking for an exercise machine that you can intricately tailor to your own workout needs, Octane Fitness is a great place to start your search. Adjustable stride, ergonomics as well as the extremely clever gait tracking tech.
- Console – With most Octane Fitness machines you have the option of the basic console and the more advanced version. Both are valuable.
- Frame – as you’d expect from a leading brand in the home fitness equipment market, they only use the best materials to manufacture sturdy frames that will not only provide you with a sturdy foundation for your workout but will last for many years to come.
- Price – Unfortunately, all that technological wizardry and ingenious ergonomics don’t come cheap.
The bottom line with regards to Octane Fitness, if you still need encouragement to check out some of the models we’ve reviewed by this company over the years, is that they are incredibly well-made. With a slew of special features and intriguing areas, they may be expensive, but you sure do get a decent bang for your buck. If the price tags don’t put you off, then you could do a lot worse than investing in one of the company’s beautiful machines.